Thai Chicken Burgers
This recipe is full of flavor, kid friendly, and easy to customize! (so, everything.)
This recipe and associated photos is the incredible work of Kirsten at Buck Naked Paleo. Check out her blog and Instagram @bucknakedpaleo for more of her creations!
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 Inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Yai’s Thai Chili Lime Hot Sauce
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil - or any cooking oil
- In a large bowl, combine egg, ginger, garlic, spring onion, fish sauce, Chili Lime Hot Sauce, lime juice, and cilantro. Mix well.
- Add ground chicken and mix with hands to combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle in sesame seeds and add coconut flour - 1 Tbsp at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Form mixture into burgers - 8 equal sized portions.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat avocado oil until sizzling hot
- Add chicken patties and cook until opaque throughout. About 4-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness.
- Serve warm with greens, or sandwiched between two sweet potato ‘“buns” with grated carrots, cucumber, and spicy mayo (Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce + mayo).