Tom Kha Soup
This classic Thai chicken soup is the perfect balance of creamy, sour, and spicy!
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb Chicken, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jar (8oz) Yai's Thai Red Thai Coconut Curry
- 16 oz Coconut Milk
- 16 oz Chicken or Bone Broth
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 8 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, cut in chunks
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Yai's Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Add the sliced chicken and heat until cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, pour the coconut milk and broth in a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat - turn the heat down if it starts to boil.
- Once chicken is cooked, add it to the pot along with the onion, mushrooms, and red bell peppers.
- Stir in Red Thai Coconut Curry and lime juice.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Optional: add Chili Garlic Hot Sauce to taste!
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Note: You can make this recipe vegetarian & vegan by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth!