Craving a savory, flavorful dish? Look no further than this Thai Shakshuka!
This recipe and associated photos are from the talented of Christine of What Do You Crave. Check out her blog and Instagram @C.R.A.V.I.N.G.S for more of her beautiful creations!
- 1 16oz. Jar Yai’s Thai Salsa
- 1 Tbsp. Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 6 eggs
- 1 French baguette
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1in. chunk peeled ginger
- Thai basil
- Thinly sliced carrots
- Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Sauce
Make the Shakshuka:
- In a large pan combine Yai’s Thai Salsa and Chili Garlic Sauce, crushed tomatoes, and ginger.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Next crack an egg into a small bowl, with a spoon create a “pocket” in the sauce to cradle the egg.
- Add the egg to the sauce and repeated with remaining eggs. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until eggs have cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Slice baguette, arrange on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- When cool enough to handle, rub each slice of toast with raw garlic clove and ginger.
- Spoon 1-2 eggs with Thai shakshuka sauce into bowls.
- Garnish with scallions, carrots, basil, and more Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Sauce if desired.
- Serve with garlic ginger toast.