Thai Curry Shepherd's Pie
A Thai-inspired take on shepherd's pie with Yellow Thai Coconut Curry and a butternut squash mash!
Time: 60 minutes
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 jar Yai's Thai Yellow Thai Coconut Curry
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 large Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks Celery, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Boil butternut squash cubes until soft, about 20 minutes.
- While that boils, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, onions, bell peppers, carrots, and celery, and cook 5 minutes.
- Mix in ground beef and heat until mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in Yellow Thai Coconut Curry, let simmer 10 minutes to thicken.
- Strain butternut squash cubes, transfer to mixing bowl, and mash. Stir in coconut milk and salt.
- Remove beef and veggie mixture from heat and spread the butternut squash mash on top.
- Bake at 400˚F for 25-30 minutes, until browned.