We got so excited about asparagus being in season, we went a little overboard on this Ginger Garlic Spring Veggie Stir Fry 😂 and it’s SO GOOD! And only takes 15 minutes total!
As a general rule of thumb, when we want to get more vegetables in our diet, we turn to seasonal veggie stir fries. For April, stirred up asparagus, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, rhubarb, onion and broccoli with Ginger Garlic sauce. So many nutrients in one dish!
Time: 15 minutes
- Whatever vegetables you want! We went with:
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch brussel sprouts
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- Ginger Garlic sauce
- Cook rice
- While rice is cooking, chop up whichever fresh veggies you want - we found good in-season rhubarb, asparagus, brussel sprouts and broccoli at our local market. Make sure all the pieces are about the same size.
- Cook and stir veggies in pan for 2-3 minutes (you might have to cook for longer if the pan is pretty full)
- Pour Ginger Garlic Sauce in - As much as you’d like! Half a bottle for one stir fry usually works but since we were cooking so much at once, we used the whole bottle (also we like going heavy on the sauce)
- Cook and stir in sauce for about 5 minutes
- Serve over rice! 🍚
You can make this with pretty much any combo of veggies and protein you like! We stick with our favorites then try to diversify with new veggies that are in season.