What’s better than veggies and dip as a snack!? Veggie Spring Rolls and dip! These rolls are so delicious dipped in our Sweet Chili Sauce or our Thai Almond No Peanut Sauce. Alternatively, you can use any of our Thai sauces within the roll for a little extra flavor.
Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 30 half-rolls for a party platter; cut in half if making at home for a snack!
- 15 rice paper sheets
- 2 large carrots
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 packet of rice noodles
- 1 bunch (about 20-ish leaves) of basil leaves cut into large dices
- Optional: Several (about 15) mint leaves largely diced
- Bring water to boil and cook rice noodles for about 5 minutes or until soft
- While rice noodles are cooking, thinly slice carrots with a vegetable peeler, chop lettuce into small pieces - no more than an inch wide, and dice basil leaves (mint too if wanted)
- Drain water from noodles and let them cool (they can be dunked in cold water if you want them to cool faster)
- On the lowest heat setting, put a pan large enough to fit the spring roll wrappers in and fill with 1-2 inches of water
- Dip the spring roll papers in water for 10 second until they become flexible, then flip to get the other side soft as well
- Sprinkle water onto a cutting board (plastic is easier as the paper will not stick)
- Pull out spring roll paper from the pan, trying to keep the wrapper from folding and place on cutting board flat
- In a neat line about ⅓ of the way in from one side of the sheet, lay out noodles, carrot slices, lettuce, and basil (and mint) on the sheets
- Optional: Add a drizzle of your favorite sauce (we love the Thai Almond (No Peanut) Sauce or Sweet Chili Sauce for this recipe!)
- Tightly roll sheets a little over half way, then fold at the ends and then finish the roll (I like to fold them just like I’m wrapping a present!)
- Cut in half
- Pour a bit of Sweet Chili Sauce or our Thai Almond (No Peanut) Sauce in a small jar for dipping or include a drizzle of either flavor within the wrap!