Egg Roll In a Bowl
This gluten-free, grain-free and soy-free Egg Roll In a Bowl is the perfect one-pot meal featuring bold flavor and, of course, spicy mayo!
This recipe and associated photo is from Hailey's Whole Bowl. Check out her blog and Instagram @haileyswholebowl for more creations!
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 c diced red onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 6 green onions, whites and greens separated
- 1lb ground pork
- 1T Yai's Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag cole slaw
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Spicy Mayo ingredients:
- Mix a couple tablespoons of mayo with a few dashes of Sriracha. Add more mayo or sriracha to taste.
- Sauté white parts of the green onion, red onion, garlic, and ginger in sesame and avocado oil over medium heat. Once soft and fragrant, add pork, chili sauce, and chinese five spice.
- Cook until the pork is cooked through and crumbled. Add the broccoli slaw and about half of the cole slaw. Mix in the coconut aminos and vinegar.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for a few minutes or until the slaw is tender but still a little crunchy.
- Put a handful of raw coleslaw in the bottom of the bowl and serve slaw and pork mixture over it - I like the added crunch of the raw slaw on the bottom!
- Top with green parts of the green onion, sesame seeds, and the spicy mayo!
- Sarah Hughes