May is Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (#AANHPI) Heritage Month!
While this acronym lumps together a massively diverse group of people, it is important to shine a light on the many varied experiences of the AA + NHPI communities across the nation. To celebrate these rich, unique cultures and heritages, and their ongoing contributions to the tapestry of American culture.
Please join us in honoring our roots this month as we share stories from our Thai family history, and experiences spanning 3 generations 🇹🇭🇹🇭🇹🇭
As a Thai-American brand, we can only speak to our experiences as a subset of the 'Asian American' umbrella, but want to emphasize that we greatly value the Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities as well. We encourage you to seek out and learn from a variety of cultures directly!
We'll be updating this page with resources and information throughout the month.
Resources + Info
- PBS Series - A People's History of Asian America (start with the video below!)
- The National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum
-information on the true wage gap, the state of safety for AANHPI women, and more
- The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- President Biden's Proclamation on Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Heritage Month 2022
- Share My Lesson K-12 Lesson Plans and Resources for AANHPI Heritage Month
This video from the PBS series A People's History of Asian America features perspectives from South Asian, Southeast Asian, and Pacific Islander voices to to explore the pros and cons of disaggregating "Asian American" as a statistical category.