Thai Pumpkin Soup
Thai spice meets pumpkin spice in this simple, creamy pumpkin soup topped with toasted pumpkin seeds!
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. Yai's Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and reserve.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheets, face down.
- Roast until tender enough to stab with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- While that cooks, sauté onion in oil until translucent.
- Let pumpkin cool, remove skin, and cut into chunks.
- Transfer pumpkin and onions to a medium pot over low heat. Add half the can of coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and continue to blend until smooth.
- Stir in salt and Yai's Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce to taste.
- Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Crushed Thai chili peppers (or red pepper flakes)
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the seeds thoroughly and separate from the pumpkin pulp.
- Pre-cook the seeds in boiling water with salt for 10 minutes.
- Toss with olive oil and crushed chilis.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.