Spicy Thai Chili Garlic Crab Cakes
Give your Crab Cakes a POP of BOLD flavor with Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce!
- 1 lb. crab
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or veganaise/other mayo substitute)
- 2-4 tsp Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (or almond flour substitute)
- 1.5 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together gently - be careful not to stir too hard, you'll want to make sure there are good-sized chunks of crab meat in your cake and not just mush.
- Once everything is mixed together, form the ingredients into your desired size - this should yield about 9 medium-sized patties
- Place the formed patties in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to help them firm up
- Heat your choice of oil over medium heat and place 3-4 patties gently in the oil - try to avoid crowding the pan too much
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side - you should have a golden brown crust on each side
- Take the crab cakes out of the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain for a minute or two
- Top with cilantro or green onions for that pop of color and you're ready to serve!
Tip: Mix a couple tablespoons of Yai's Thai Chili Garlic Sauce with 1/4 cup of mayo for a spicy dipping sauce similar to a Remoulade - the more Yai's, the spicier it will be!
- Aaron Barnholt