This is one of our absolute favorite classic Thai dishes. Easy to toss together, good hot or cold, with rice or without - you can't go wrong!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp Yai's Thai Ginger Lime Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tbsp)
- 2 shallots or 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- Jasmine rice (optional)
- In a skillet, mix the chicken and red pepper flakes and cook over medium heat (do not add oil).
- Add the fish sauce and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cilantro, shallots, and lime juice.
- Once chicken has cooked, add to the bowl.
- Stir in Yai's Thai Ginger Lime Hot Sauce to taste.
- Serve over jasmine rice (optional).
- Note: you'll often see this dish spelled "larb gai" or "laab gai." There's no single agreed-upon way to spell Thai words, but we think this spelling gives you the best sense of how you should pronounce it.