6 Ingredient Spiralized Sweet Potato Waffle
This unique sweet potato waffle recipe is the perfect blend of savory and sweet!
That’s a mouthful - but it’s so worth it. I’m all for a savory breakfast to balance my blood sugar levels, but never one to miss out on my favorite foods like waffles. So a savory sweet potato waffle topped with an egg is the perfect morning meal. Or eat this for dinner with a juicy burger. These are so versatile and you won’t be missing your bready waffles and buns at all!
- 1 lb. sweet potato, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat (coconut oil, ghee or avocado oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Yai's Thai Almond Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. bone broth (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice blend.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the cooking fat. Once it's hot, add the spiralized sweet potato.
- Cook the sweet potato noodles for about 5 minutes, tossing to evenly crisp!
- While the noodles are cooking, add the egg, Yai's Thai Almond Sauce, bone broth, salt and apple pie spice in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, but still crispy, remove them from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the egg and almond sauce mixture to the sweet potato noodles and mix to combine everything.
- Heat your waffle maker and coat with cooking oil spray.
- Spread some of the sweet potato and almond sauce mixture in the center of the waffle maker and cook as you normally would according to the waffle iron instruction.
- Once the sweet potato waffle is finished cooking, remove it from the waffle maker and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with almond butter and fresh fruit for a sweet waffle, or enjoy as a savory side.
- Sarah Hughes